What is India? Is it a land of magnificent palaces or dirty slums? The right answer is both. India as many other countries in the world consists of different regions, cities, and districts. Sometimes they are as opposite as day and night. This concerns tourist attractions and accommodations too. Thus, you should be very careful and attentive when choosing a place to stay in India. Indian hotels are either cheap or expensive. It only depends on your personal preference and budget where to stay.
In this article we’re going to review some of the most expensive and the most budget hotels in India. The only remark is paying. It is not obligatory to change money in India to pay for a room. Almost any hotel accepts credit cards in foreign currencies (dollar and euro). But probably the most convenient way of paying for tourists is a Travel Credit Card. In this case, you have a chance to get additional discounts, saving money for future trips. Hopefully, our handy tips will make your trip to India much easier.
The Most Popular Hotels in India
Hotels on a Budget
We will start with the most budget variants slowly moving to the most expensive places to stay.
- Our first stop is Kochi. This is a city with beautiful nature and cheap hotels. The value for money here is one of the best in India. Our choice is Namasthe Fort Kochi Hotel. Despite the fact that the prices are very low, all rooms are modern, clean, comfortable, and well kept. The hotel even has a small terrace to relax after a long day. Everything is designed with bright colors, creating a fancy atmosphere.
- Hotel Superb takes the second place, being one of the cheapest and cleanest hotels in New Delhi. The rooms are new, clean, and have huge windows to catch the first rays of the sun. All rooms have a modern and minimalist interior, being clean and nice. Travellers also admit the hospitality and high level of professionalism of the staff.
- And the last one is Hotel Avalon in New Delhi. The rooms in this hotel are much simpler than the rooms in the previous places, but the price is still the cheapest. Here you will find a traditional Indian design, big spaces, and the absence of additional details. In general, the interior is very simple – a bed, a chair, a table, and a TV. All rooms are clean and new. It is a good choice for one or two-night stand.
Luxurious Places to Stay
In India, luxurious hotels don’t always mean extremely expensive hotels. Here you can find a very good place at quite a low price. So, let’s take a look.
- The Lodhi Hotel, New Delhi. It is a small hotel with clear and clean rooms, two restaurants, and free parking place. Despite the fact that the hotel has only 40 rooms, all of them are very spacious and clear. The design is very minimalistic but European.
- The Leela Palace, New Delhi. It is definitely the biggest hotel in our list. The number of rooms is impressive – 254. There are four restaurants, a free parking place, and a luxurious design in everything in the hotel. High ceilings and expensive furniture describe the atmosphere of The Leela Palace the best.
- And the third luxurious hotel in our list is in Kolkata. It is a five-star hotel called The Oberoi Grand Kolkata. The atmosphere in this place is very relaxing – palms, swimming pools, and bunches of flowers. The rooms look expensive but cost reasonable.