What comes to our mind when we hear the word «Delhi» is probably something like rich spices, incomparable food, tantra, and Bollywood. But India is not only about this, especially Delhi. Delhi is a city of diversity and opportunities. Why?
Delhi has always been very different from other parts of India. It is a city with a cosmopolitan culture and vibrant lifestyle. Delhi is the most developed city of entertainment and cultural places in the whole country. It offers a number of interesting places to spend the day and the evening: pubs, shopping malls, cinema halls, museums, art galleries, parks, and boat clubs.
So, let’s look at Delhi’s entertainment life closer.
Entertainments in Delhi
So, where do 22 million of Delhi residents spend their evenings and weekends?
- Baha’i House of Worship – Lotus Temple. It is probably one of the most popular destinations to visit in Delhi. The palace is made from marble and has a shape of a lotus flower. One thing is clear – you have never seen anything similar anywhere in the world.
- ISKCON Temple. It is a beautiful temple built in 1998. It is also considered to be a spiritual institution.
- Jama Masjid. It is the most beautiful mosque in the city and the largest one in entire India.
- Hauz Khas Complex. The building is a historic complex turned into a large park surrounded by old ruins and tombs.
- Lodi Gardens place is both a magnificent park and a historical attraction. Here you can walk around and discover historical places, buildings, and monuments.
- Heritage Transport Museum. Delhi is rich not only in temples and palaces. It has a number of very informative and modern museums. One of them is Heritage Transport Museum. Here you can find almost everything related to transport – buses, boats, car models, aviation section, rickshaw section, vintage car section, etc.
- Jantar Mantar – an astronomy complex. It counts 13 different astronomy instruments, which you can freely check when walking around.
- ITC Bukhara. It is one of the most beautiful places to eat in Delhi. Here you can try the best version of a traditional Indian cuisine.
- Sarojini Nagar Market. Time for shopping. The best place for it is Sarojini Nagar Market. It is represented by long streets with stores on each side. Here you can find almost everything from beautiful traditional clothes to authentic jewelry.
- Adventure Island. It is a huge complex of amusement parks and adventure villages. Adventure Island is an ideal place to spend a weekend with your family. Numerous rides will be interesting both for kids and adults.
No matter what you decide to do in Delhi, you can be sure it will be an adventure. Start your exciting journey across India with its marcellous capital – Delhi.